Sunday, February 3, 2008

I Bleed Because I Love

So after I answered various questions about how I have not, in fact, paid anyone for sexual services in the past year, I was given my little test tubes and waited in the queue to bleed.

The day is Monday, January 28, 2008. The event is my first ever blood donation. Yes, it's true, and i have the yellow smiley-face wrap to prove it! This was a moment of indeterminible excitement for me. For every previous blood drive I had either been too young or... well I guess I was just too young. But still! I had been looking forward to this for weeks, and it was beautiful. Yes, it is bizarre to have a great metal cylinder protruding from your arm and sucking the blood out of your body, but it's a happy kind of bizarre, you know? Like, "Blood, my dears, you have served me well. I am proud of you. Now serve someone else!" It gave me this burst of energy, like I felt for the first time in a long time that I was actually doing something worthwhile. Like I was finally saving the world, one squirt at a time.

3 comments:

Shells said...

Well, at least you aren't to small like me. I can never donate blood cause I either don't weigh enough or well I just don't weigh enough... (well I might now that I'v eaten all this hondurian food).

Dan said...

2 months man. You need to post. You need to let yourself flow out into words. Don't write like it's a newspaper article or the blog will die forever, again. You don't have to make sense. Let the WORDS free your soul. They're a cage but one that has wings and can take off if your emotional fuel would start the engine.

Cheers

Katie said...

Blog please. :)

My word verification is:

ofsuk