Friday, January 16, 2009

Dawn, 12/01/2009

The lights of the millions of women and men
Fill the below with a glistening glow
The moon lends her light and the Sun his splendor
As man lies together and sleeps one last hour
The power of this unity only can last
As long as each bed is still filled with its master
When every alarm clock is angrily stoned
And moaning, its owner reclaims the nightly death
We can know with great courage that there is hope yet
To rest through the rancor and pretend our own peace
Sleep, sleep my dear loves, all day if you like
The world wakes and lives with more fullness each moment
If home is a concrete rectangle, please stay
And continue your dreams of unbridled protection
As for me — I sit high on my own private mecca
And hail my Sun as he returns to the world
Come colour and light and life and warmth
To draw the unwilling ones out of their slumber
To wake them again to the glory of day
I waken again to the glory of day
And I am alive
I live

1 comment:

Dan said...

intense beauty and happily creeping life